Skip to main content

Mom Of Month.



Hey all,
Let me explain what Mom of the month and Person of the month is and why I do it these posts. So, the reason I started doing these is because people inspire me. They inspire me to be better- a better Mom and person in general. Their stories of triumph and hardships inspire me. Their true kindness inspires me. All of this deserves recognition  and to let them know that they are an amazing individual, person and parent. I do it because they deserve to be told that they are an inspiration. I can't tell you how many times I could of used kind words, so that's why I do this!

My Mom of the Month is F. (Keeping identity private) I got the pleasure of meeting F about a month or so ago. We've talked quite a bit and I also got the pleasure of getting to know her a little bit and how inspirational and strong she is.
I interviewed her and asked her some question and followed my questions are her responses.

F & Her daughter K, going hiking. F loves the outdoors more
than any other person I have ever met. She even rides her bike
to her daughters school and then to work every morning and back.


1. Introduce yourself and your family. (You don't have to use real names or go into extreme detail)
-I'll just go by f. I have one Daughter k., who is 16 1/2, & is a junior in high school. And, we each have a cat :).

 2. What is the most challenging thing about being a mom?
-Well, I've been a Single Mom w/ Sole-Custody & $0 Child Support since my Daughter was 2 1/2 yrs old.  Also, I was Orphaned at 2 yrs old, & grew up in a foster care-so, don't have any Family for Support.  That's been the hardest:  Doing the Lioness's Share on my own-being both Mom and Dad, when I ironically(? lol) never had either myself.  But, that Challenge(s) has also been the Most Edifying for me.

 3. What is something you think is essential for your child to learn in life?
-To Always be a Strong, Independent, & Educated Woman.  To never let anyone treat her badly-especially a man, & to always be the Capitana of her own Destiny (as much as Karma, or The Universe, or some god allows it, lol).

 4. How would you describe your child's personality? Would you say they're like you?
-When she was younger, she looked & was very much like me.  Which fit a big gaping hole in me, since I Lost my Identical Twin Sister in Utero.  But, as she has Blossomed into a Young Woman, I now see (maybe I wasn't really "Looking"...), that she is her Own Unique Soul.  And, that makes me Happy.  She still looks like me some, & is stubborn, & acerbic w/ a witty but somewhat macabre sense of humor lol, & is smart & a bibliophile too.  But, I saw early on that she is Better than my 2.0.  She's way past that-&, that's all that a Parent can really Hope for...

 5. What is one thing you've always made sure that your child knows and understands?
-Something I never knew/had:  that she will Always be Loved Unconditionally, & that I will Always be There For Her-No Matter What.  Whether I'm Present on this pPane of Existence, or not. 

6. Who is one person you go to for advice?
-No one-I never had anyone to.  I learned to pull myself up from my own bootstraps, from a very young age.  Everything about being a Mom just Came to me-Felt Right.  'Twas Natural-because, I have Always acted out of Deep Love for her, & her Complete Welfare.  That's something I think Mothers sadly have lost now, throughout the Eons of Motherhood:  Really Knowing their Children & their Needs, Viscerally.  To sum it up, & I have the reminder tattooed into my flesh-from C.G Jung's favorite (Latin) quote from St. Augustine:  "Do not go outside, return to within yourself; truth dwells in the inner man"...

 7. What's one thing you've learned since becoming a mom?
-That I didn't know anything about Life & Love, & am still learning from my Daughter every single day-NOT, the other way around.  

 8. What is one thing you love the most about being a mom?
-Just being Blessed with having the Privilege of Loving & Raising this Beautiful Soul, that still Moves me every day.

 9. What would your piece of advice be for a first time mom? 
-Don't listen to anyone-unless it strikes the Right Chord Within You.  Listen to yourself , & your Child.  And, you will "mess up"-go easy on & be Patient w/ yourself.  You'll never be a "Perfect Mom"-because, there is no such thing. But, that doesn't Matter-your Love for your Child is Perfect Enough.


"Life must be lived forwards but can only be understood backwards."
~Kierkegaard

F has had a very trying life, yet she still smiles and makes the best of everything, especially for her daughter. Her and her daughter have such a deep bond- a bond that every mother should have with their daughters. F had to learn by her instincts when it came to her daughter. Being a single mom is hard, but this contributed to the amazing strength that she already had in her.

-Thank you F, for being an inspiration and for sharing your story.
I told her that she was a super-mom and her reply was, "The only super I am is, super-crazy." She's also humble. Lol.
I'm thankful that I get the pleasure to get to know such a beautiful soul and I am lucky to be able to now call her my friend.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Married To A Mechanic: 8 things to expect. 🔧

Since I've started blogging, I've only blogged about my husband personally like once or twice, so this is dedicated to my mechanic husband. Erich has been working on cars since he was about 14 years old, so 20 years. He does it for a living but on diesels. He does it in hi spare time as well so basically, all the freaking time. Here's what to expect if you date a mechanic. Car Talk Mechanics talk about cars like 24/7; Parts, make and model, they even try to explain to you how certain parts work. If you tell them you don't understand, they will explain again, in depth with more detail, which is even more confusing. Either go on Google and learn a little bit or pretend you understand what they are talking about. Oil & Grease White anything is against any mechanics beliefs. I have to clean the walls, counters, appliances, PRETTY MUCH EVERYTHING at minimum of 3 times a week. They are usually covered from head to toe in oil and grease. Honestly, I thin

Spring Time Means Allergies!

Sprint time is the worst season for me. I hate this season honestly. My allergies are horrible during spring, like when I say horrible, I mean face swollen, constant nose blowing. The whole awful nine yards. Just the other day, I swear I sneezed about a million and one times and then lost my voice. We just moved into a house that had ben vacant for two months before we moved in, so there was two months of dust accumulated on the floors and walls. Needless to say, my first day in our new house consisted of a lot of sneezing and wheezing. Since spring is just around the corner and that means so are allergies, I made a list of home remedies for allergy relief that has really helped me and hopefully will help you too. Honey Local raw honey, it builds your immune system up to what's around you. You can get this at places like Whole Foods. Make sure it is local honey though. Vitamin C Vitamin C is a natural antihistamine an, anti-oxidant and antitoxin. Flavonoids Flavono